What are British values?
* The rule of law
* Individual liberty
* Mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs
At Kiddies World we promote British Values by:
* During meal/ snack time we teach children about table manners
*We are celebrating British occasions and festivals, and these are incorporated in our planning
* We encourage children to listen to one another and wait before speaking
* We are teaching children to listen each other during stories or discussion time
* We use manners like please and thank you
* We always encourage children to be respectful of others
* Children are taking turns and share
* We are teaching empathy and understandings
* We teach children about British weathers and seasons
* We join in wider charity community events/activities
* We have weekly cooking activities and learning about traditional British food
* We encourage children to make friendships
For more information please refer to https://www.pacey.org.uk/working-in-childcare/spotlight-on/british-values/
What is the Prevent duty?
* Becoming law in 2015, all schools and childcare providers must have due regard to the need to prevent people being drawn into terrorism.
* The government has defined extremism in the Prevent strategy as: “vocal or active opposition to fundamental British Values, including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs."
* Childcare and Early Years Providers subject to the Prevent duty will be expected to demonstrate activity in the following areas:
*Assessing the risk of children being drawn into terrorism.
*Demonstrate that they are protecting children and young people from being drawn into terrorism by having robust safeguarding policies.
*Ensure that their safeguarding arrangements take into account the policies and procedures of the Local Safeguarding Children Board.
*Make sure that staff have training that gives them the knowledge and confidence to identify children at risk of being drawn into terrorism, and to challenge extremist ideas which can be used to legitimise terrorism
*Expected to ensure children are safe from terrorist and extremist material when accessing the internet